Snowy Evening (Limited Edition) - Dot Grid NotebookField Notes
Snowy Evening is one of the limited edition notebook collections that Field Notes releases quarterly.
Pack of 3 3-1/2" ?ù 5-1/2" (89mm ?ù 140mm), 48 page notebooks.
Field Notes has limited this 49th Quarterly Edition to 33,333 3-Packs. Each Memo Book cover features a unique snowflake illustration rendered by their friend and co-conspirator, Brendan Dawes. Each snowflake is different, so every book is different, and so for the first time in a Quarterly Edition - they?ÇÖve individually numbered each book.
Here is what the makers have to say about this special edition:
"Inspired by the physics behind how ice crystals are formed in the atmosphere, Brendan crafted an algorithm that produced and rendered 99,999 lovely snowflake illustrations. With the expertise of our partners at Lake County Press, the covers were printed over the course of five days on a next-generation digital press with white ink on ?ǣDeep Blue?ǥ Mohawk Carnival Vellum 80# cover. The Finch Opaque inside pages feature a special light-blue-gray dot-graph pattern. The books are bound with glossy white staples, and we don?ÇÖt generally talk much about the ?ǣbelly bands?ǥ that hold 3-Packs together, but this one is arguably our most handsome to date."
- 99,999 Unique snowflakes created using a generative process designed by Brendan Dawes (brendandawes.com).
- Proudly printed by the good people of Lake County Press, Inc., Waukegan, Ill.
- Cover: Mohawk Carnival Vellum 80#C ?ǣDeep Blue,?ǥ with white digital UV ink.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T ?ǣBright White,?ǥ with a fine, 1-color application of ?ǣNight of Chill Blue?ǥ soy-based Toyo ink.
- Covers printed on a Hewlett-Packard Indigo 29" digital press. Innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster 40" 2-color perfecting press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot grid: 3/16" ?ù 3/16" (4.7mm ?ù 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" ?ù 5-1/2" (89mm ?ù 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.