Casapinka's Shaved Ice Tee Kit - Smooshy with CashmereDream In Color
Caspinka's Shaved Ice can be made with 4 colors or in a solid color. It is a cool summer top that has a bit of lace, a bit of texture and a pretty V neck.
You begin at the bottom and knit in the round until you reach the underarms, where you then knit back and forth. There are video links for the techniques you need for this top so please don’t be intimidated.
Casapinka on Color Selection: Fades and color blocks are good; just do not use a single speckled with 3 solids because it looks weird (ask me how I know!)
These four color yarn packs are Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere (70% superwash merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon, 400 yards/4 oz per skein)
Four skeins will make up to a 65.5 inch finished bust size. For the 69 inch version, you will need 2 skeins of Color D (the color at the top). If you select the extra skein version, we will send you 2 skeins of the color on the right unless you request 2 skeins of a different one.
Gauge: 22 sts and 36 rnds = 4”/10 cm in stockinette st in the round on smaller needle, after blocking
- 4 or 5 skeins of Smooshy with Cashmere yarn in the selected colors.
- Optional pattern. You can purchase the pattern directly from the designer on ravelry for $7.00. If you would like for us to purchase the pattern for you and send a printed color copy, please select the With Pattern option.
Also required, but not included:
- US 6 (4 mm) 24-40”/60-100 cm circular needle for ribbing (or 2 sizes larger than gauge-size needle) and additional needles of the same size for your preferred method of small circumference knitting for the armhole finishing.
- US 4 (3.5 mm) 32-40”/80-100 cm circular needle for the body and additional needles of the same for the three-needle bind off. Adjust needle size as needed to attain gauge.
- Stitch marker for BOR
- Locking stitch markers
- waste yarn or stitch holders
- tapestry needle
- row counter (optional)