White Sands Hat Kit (Knitting the National Parks) - RiosMalabrigo
The White Sands hat pattern in Knitting the National Parks is inspired by the texture of the windswept ripples of sand and shadow at the White Sands National Park in New Mexico.
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Rios (100% superwash merino, 210 yards/100 grams per skein) in Natural.
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Rios (100% superwash merino, 210 yards/100 grams per skein) in either Pearl or Gris.
- Optional book. The pattern is in the book Knitting the National Parks, which contains 63 hat patterns inspired by our national parks. If you would like to add the book to your purchase, please choose the "Yarn and Book" option.
Also required, but not included:
- US #5 (3.75mm) 16 inch circular needle.
- US #7 (4.5mm) 16 inch circular needles
- US #7 (4.5mm) DPNs
- 3 stitch markers (2 of one color, 1 of another color)
- tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Gauge: 9.5 stitches = 2 inch on larger needles in stockinette. You may need to adjust the needle sizes to obtain gauge.