Trinigan Sweater Kit - Malabrigo Rios and Malabrigo WashtedFeederbrook Farm
New from Andrea Mowry!
This is a pull-on-over-anything jacket style cardigan with wide sleeves and easy worn-open style. It has a fun marled backdrop and color changing mosaic colorwork. No stranded knitting-just slipped stitches!
This cardigan is knit from the bottom up, seamlessly except for underarms. The body and yoke are worked flat and the sleeves are picked up and knit in the round.
The cardigan uses two colors of worsted weight yarn: a main color (here we use Malabrigo Rios) and a contrasting color that peeks through the slipped stitches with tiny pops of color. This kit Malabrigo Washted because its bold color shifts highlight the slipped stitches beautifully.
Note that this sweater must be oversized to fit well, so 14-10 inches of positive ease is recommended.
Yarn Requirements for Trinigan Sweater
| Finished Chest
||Main Color||Contrasting Color|
|Up to 52 inches||3 (skeins)||2 (skeins)|
|53 to 62 inches||4||2|
|63 to 65 inches||4||3|
|66 to 74.5 inches||5||3|
- Enough yarn in the selected color combination to make the selected size. Malabrigo Rios is a 100% merino superwash wool with 210 yards per 100 gram skein. Malabrigo Washted is 100% merino wool. It is a single ply wool with 210 yards per 100 gram skein.
- Optional Pattern: You can buy the pattern directly from the designer on Ravelry, here, or you can choose the pattern option and we will purchase and print a copy for you. Please put your ravelry name in the notes at checkout if you would like for us to have the pattern added to your ravelry pattern library.
Also Required but not included:
- Main Fabric: Needles US 7/4.5 mm - 32"/80 cm to 40"/100 cm
- Ribbing needles: US 5/3.75 mm - 32"/80 cm to 40"/100 cm
- Stitch marker
- row counter (recommended)
- waste yarn, spare needle or stitch holders.
21 sts & 32 rows = 4"/10 cm