Mesa Verde Hat Kit (Knitting the National Parks) - RiosMalabrigo
The Mesa Verde hat pattern in Knitting the National Parks is inspired by the elaborately decorated black-on-white pottery found in the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde.
The original in the book was knit from Malabrigo Rios worsted weight yarn in Natural and Plomo (a bluish gray). One half skein of each is required to knit the hat.
This kit contains:
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Rios (100% superwash merino, 210 yards/100 grams per skein) in Natural
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Rios (100% superwash merino, 210 yards/100 grams per skein) in Winter Lake, which is shades of gray with some blue.
- Optional book. The pattern is in the book Knitting the National Parks, which contains 63 hat patterns inspired by our national parks. If you would like to add the book to your purchase, please choose the "Yarn and Book" option.
Also required, but not included:
- US #5 (3.75mm) 16 inch circular needle.
- US #7 (4.5mm) 16 inch circular needles
- US #7 (4.5mm) DPNs
- 3 stitch markers (2 of one color, 1 of another color)
- tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Gauge: 9.5 stitches = 2 inch on larger needles in stockinette. You may need to adjust the needle sizes to obtain gauge.