(Canceled) Leef's Sock Workshop - Knitting Perfect Socks - Begins Saturday July 21 12:00-4:00 PMQuixotic Fibers
Quantities available for this product:
- Default Title : 0
Saturdays, July 21, 28, and August 4; 12:00-4:00pm
Hand knit socks are a luxury to wear. Leef Bloomenstiel has been knitting socks for over 20 years, and she has some pretty stiff opinions. Her first and foremost opinion is that the only way to knit a sock, is to knit one that fits "perfectly". With a few simple measurements and a few basic formulas, you can throw those patterns away and knit any sock to fit any foot, using any size yarn and needles.
This is a "formula" based workshop, which will give you the tools to create your own special socks for those you love. It is a 3 session workshop and there is a lot of knitting to be done between sessions!
Skills you will need to bring to the class:
- Be able to cast-on and make a good join, using double pointed needles, two circulars, magic loop - whatever you are most comfortable with for knitting in the round.
- Stitches to be familiar with: knit, purl, k2tog, p2tog, ssk, skpo, ktbl, yo, picking up stitches
Supplies to bring to class/HOMEWORK:
- A notebook, pen
- Leef gives out a lot of handouts, so a small 3 ring binder might come in handy
- Notions such as stitch markers, measuring tape, scissors, blunt darning needle, row counter (optional)
- 100g of sock yarn and knitting needles in a size that will produce a nice firm fabric. Socks should be firmly knit to be hard wearing! Be sure and swatch ahead of time. Cast on 20 stitches and knit 20 rows. If you are unsure as to what needles, then bring your swatches and we will evaluate them. We will be knitting in the round, so your choice of dpns or circulars.
Minimum students needed: 3Instructor: Leef Bloomenstiel of Apple Leef Farm
Registration and Cancellation Policies
If you prefer to register over the telephone, please call Quixotic Fibers at 930-564-3740.
If the minimum number of students have not signed up 3 days before the class, we will unfortunately have to cancel the class. We usually require a minimum number of students only for classes where the instructor has to travel some distance. If we have to cancel a class, you will be notified 3 days in advance and will be given a full refund.
Cancellation: There is a $2 cancellation fee. At least a 3-day notice is required for cancellation without additional charges. Cancellations with 24-72 hour notice are eligible for a 50% refund. Cancellations with less than 24 hour notice are not refundable.