Lassen Peak Hat Kit - Kathmandu AranQueensland Collection
The Lassen Peak Hat by Sloane Rosenthal is a dramatically cabled hat featuring a bold chevron-like pattern created from staggered 2-by-2 cables that radiate from central spines. Three sets of cables grow out of a 2-by-2 ribbed brim to ring the body of the hat before fading to stockinette stitch before the crown shaping. Instructions are provided for both a unisex beanie that fits closer to the head and a slouchy toque-length version.
The pattern is published in the 2018 Gifts Issue of Interweave Knits.
- Kathmandu Aran 100 yarn (85% Extrafine Merino Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere - 208 yards/100g per skein) x 2 skeins (Shown in Seaweed)
- Optional: Interweave Knits Gifts 2018 issue (+$14.99).
- Optional: Knitters Pride Zing Needles (+$15.50):
- Size 5 (3.75 mm): 16″ circular.
- Size 7 (4.5 mm): 16″ circular
- Size 7 (4.5 mm) set of 8" double-pointed.