Evenfall Sweater Kit - Smooshy with CashmereDream In Color
Pretty and polished. Andrea Mowry says: "I designed this sweater for when I wanted to dress up a bit, finishing it off with sweet touches, like the picot collar and cuffs. Slipped stitches create an easy-to-work, unique riff on stripes."
Evenfall is knit from the top down (meaning you can try it on as you go and add length to suit your own personal style!), beginning with the yoke. The entire sweater is knit with a slipped stitch pattern, incorporating stripes, to create a timeless style. The sleeves are separated and placed on hold while the body is finished and then returned to the needle, picking up stitches for the underarm for a totally seamless sweater body. The sleeve cuffs and collar are polished off with a picot hem, making this the sweetest sweater in your wardrobe!
This sweater requires 3 colors of fingering weight yarn. Here we have put together several lovely combinations of Dream In Color's luxurious Smooshy with Cashmere (70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon; 400 yards per 4 oz skein).
In our pictures, the color on the left is designated as the main color, the one in the middle is the first contrast color, and the last one is the second contrast color.
- Enough yarn in each of the three colors to knit the sweater up to the finished bust measurement indicated. If you would like to make the sweater longer, you may want to purchase the yarn for a larger size.
- Optional pattern. You can purchase the pattern directly from the designer on Ravelry here. If you would like, we can purchase and print a copy for you. If you would like for us to have the pattern added to your ravelry library, please make a note of your ravelry ID in the notes at checkout.
Also required, but not included:
- US 3/3.25 mm -24"/60 cm to 40"/100 cm circular & preferred needles for small circumference knitting (Magic Loop or DPNs)
- US 4/3.5 mm - Preferred needles for small circumference (Magic Loop or DPNs) - for sleeves
- US 2/2.75 mm - 16"/40 cm circular for collar, 32-40"/80-100 cm for hem and preferred needles for small circumference knitting for cuffs.
- (Use the needle size you need to achieve gauge. The ribbing needle should be 1 US size smaller than the Main Fabric needle.)
- NOTIONS: Stitch marker, row counter (recommended), scissors, waste yarn or stitch holders