Aimee Cardigan Kit - Suzette Silk/Merino SportDream In Color
This is a simple (or not so simple, as you'll discover) cardigan by Joji Locatelli. It was first published in Interpretations Volume 7, in collaboration with Veera Valimaki. Many could easily miss it among so many other designs. But the blocks of color, the combination of five spectacular colors, make it stand out. Make it so beautiful...extraordinary.
We love it for Dream in Color's Suzette yarn with its silky hand and drape and 120 beautiful hand dyed colors to choose from.
This cardigan has abundant ease, with perfectly tailored shoulders and set-in sleeves. It is worked seamlessly from the top down. The sleeves are picked up and worked in the round. The button-bands are worked once the cardigan is finished, to give the finished piece a professional look.
The pattern is written for 9 sizes, with a finished chest circumference of: 41 (45, 50, 54, 58, 62, 67, 72, 76)" 103 (114, 125, 136, 146, 157, 168, 180, 190) cm. Recommended ease: 12-16" 30-40 cm depending on how you like to wear your cardigans. It is shown in size 50" on a 36" bust.
23 sts and 30 rows = 4" 10 cm on US 4 3.5 mm needles in Stockinette stitch, worked flat.
24 sts and 30 rows = 4" 10 cm on US 4 3.5 mm needles in Stockinette stitch, worked in the round, for the sleeves.
- 5 (5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10) skeins of Dream in Color Suzette yarn (50% silk, 50 % merino wool, 370 yards / 4 oz per skein) in the colors shown. The sizes up through 50" (125cm) require one skein of each color and the remaining sizes require 2 skeins of each color.
- Optional copy of Interpretations, Volume 7, which contains the pattern and a ravelry download code. The pattern is available individually on ravelry if you do not wish to purchase the entire volume.
Also required, but not included:
- US 4 3.5 mm and US 3 3.25 mm circular needles, 32" long or longer, for the body and 40" for the button-band. US #4 needles in your preferred style for knitting sleeves in the round.
- 3 buttons of 5/8" 2 cm diameter (we do have a nice selection of buttons in the shop and will be happy to help you select ones that work well with your colors).
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Tapestry needle.